The last two weeks have been truly unprecedented in living memory, filled with multiple unknowns as the situation changes hourly. This post is to communicate the Cloud Collective’s position around the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak and what we are doing to best minimise the impact the virus has on our society.
The Collective’s three alliance partners, Antares, IComm, and Quorum, have all taken the following measures, and had done even prior to the federal government announcements mandating the requirements:
- All non-essential travel has been cancelled and scheduled site visits will be stopped until further notice. This will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and resumed once the authorities advise the virus is contained. Any site visits to deal with specific issues will be managed on an as-needed basis by our respective Managed Services teams, in accordance with governmental edicts.
- Business Development activities have been transitioned to online-only, to ensure we are adhering to social distancing guidelines. If an activity cannot be online-only, it will or has been postponed.
- In line with the above, all events and functions will be moved virtual, or postponed if online is not possible.
- Alliance staff members have been asked to work from home and all physical offices have been essentially closed.
What does this mean for you, your organisation, and ongoing support in this time:
- Unless it is to resolve a significant business impact (P1 or P2 Issue), we will not be attending customer sites.
- This will also be discussed in line with your organisation’s policy around COVID-19.
- Preventative Maintenance/Forever Training that requires an onsite presence will be postponed until further notice.
- If possible, we will endeavor to move maintenance and/or training to online activities.
- If not possible to move to online delivery, we will seek to leverage your staff members to assist in resolving issues.
- We understand and acknowledge that, as a result of this, your staff members may be outside of their comfort zone, however we can work together to resolve issues.
- We greatly appreciate your understanding, additional support, and cooperation during this time.
Should you like to discuss this further, or have any concerns, please reach out to your Account Manager.
If you are not yet in a position to allow your employees to work remotely, we have created a Rapid Remote Work Enablement program for our clients that need some help getting across the line, quickly. During these times of self-isolation, working from home, or the ability to work from anywhere, is one of the most important factors that will help our economy weather the turbulent months ahead. Economists are predicting a downturn, and the organisations that can reduce job losses will not only provide stability for employees, but also our economy. The Cloud Collective have been helping organisations prepare for this kind of situation for the last fifteen years by enabling all aspects of remote work. Simply because we firmly believe in flexible working and the digital workspace. You might even say it’s a passion of ours.
For more information & updates on COVID-19, please check the following websites below, or your relevant health authority:
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Health Victoria
- New South Wales Health – Coronavirus Updates
- Microsoft’s COVID-19 Tracker
We wish you all luck and good health in dealing with this evolving situation as we all do our best to contribute to “flattening the curve”. We also thank you for your continued support and want to remind you that we are here if you need us.
All the best,
The Cloud Collective team