At Antares Solutions we are collaborating with many institutions to harness the power of generative AI to tackle business challenges. Across the corporate and public sector landscape, we come across a wide array of approaches, from entities that restrict the use of ChatGPT in their workspace to those leveraging it to gain a competitive edge.
Frequently, I advocate for the adoption of own enterprise ChatGPT solutions within organisations. In this blog post, I’ll explain the reasons why every organisation should consider implementing their own enterprise ChatGPT.
An Overview of Generative AI and Its Benefits for Enterprises
Generative AI is a subset of artificial intelligence (AI) that is capable of generating text, images, or other media in response to prompts. This technology has the potential to transform businesses by enhancing creativity and efficiency, improving customer satisfaction, and driving innovation.
Some of the benefits of Generative AI for enterprises include:
- Creativity amplification: Generative AI enables businesses to generate creative and engaging content on a large scale.
- Time and cost savings: By automating repetitive tasks, Generative AI can save businesses time and money.
- Hyper-personalisation: Generative AI can be used to personalise content and experiences for customers.
- Enhanced efficiency and productivity: By automating tasks and providing insightful analysis, Generative AI can improve business operations and boost productivity.
What Happens When Company Data and IP is Put into ChatGPT and Similar Tools.
While tools like ChatGPT can be incredibly useful for businesses, there are also potential risks associated with feeding company data and intellectual property (IP) into these tools. For example, a recent article from Forbes reported that Google warned its employees about using chatbots, including its own Bard, out of privacy concerns.
When company data is fed into tools like ChatGPT, there is a risk that proprietary information could be exposed to third parties. For instance, Samsung allowed their staff to use ChatGPT to improve their coding skills but employees input proprietary code into the platform, which inadvertently ended up in the hands of OpenAI. This incident highlights the risks associated with handling sensitive data on such media.
Deploying Generative AI in a Responsible, Secure Setting with Tools like Bing Chat Enterprise
To mitigate these risks and harness the power of Generative AI in a responsible and secure manner, organisations can use tools like Bing Chat Enterprise or ChatGPT Enterprise recently announced. These tools offer security and privacy features that can help protect company data and IP.
While these tools are more secure and a lot better suited to business needs, they still require the company data to be fed into third-party systems, have various limitations like token count limits, ability to upload documents, do not provide a way to tailor the chat experience and do not integrate with company data and apps to provide contextualised results.
Developing Your Own Enterprise ChatGPT and Its Benefits
One way for organisations to harness the power of Generative AI while overcoming the limitations and mitigating the risks associated with feeding company data into third-party tools is to develop their own enterprise ChatGPT. This approach offers several benefits:
- Control: By hosting their own enterprise ChatGPT on a secure platform like Microsoft Azure, organisations can protect their data and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information. With their own enterprise ChatGPT on Microsoft Azure, organisations have complete control over their data and can ensure that no data leaves their organisation’s IT perimeter. In addition, companies can also set up their own content filtering configurations allowing the organisation to deal with the harmful content based on their own thresholds and risk appetite for their use cases.
- Customisation: Enterprises can tailor their ChatGPT to meet their specific needs. This includes designing their own conversational experiences, workflows and training their own models appropriately according to the company’s data, terminologies, policies and processes.
- Integration: Companies can integrate the chat application within their apps and with their own data providing an invaluable tool for staff to improve productivity and for customers to obtain timely information.
- Analytics: By creating their own enterprise ChatGPT, companies can generate rich insights on the inputs and outputs to understand trends, sentiment, identify gaps and additional use cases.
In conclusion, Generative AI offers numerous benefits for businesses but tools like Open AI’s ChatGPT lack flexibility and control that enterprises need for the LLMs to operate on their own data responsibly. By deploying their own enterprise ChatGPT, organisations can harness the power of Generative AI on their own business data while protecting their company data and IP.
Antares is helping many customers with this journey. Get in touch to learn how the journey can be started for you.