Intranet portal solution for internal communications and document management.
TransGrid owns and manages one of the largest high-voltage transmission networks in Australia, connecting generators, distributors and major end-users in the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory.
TransGrid’s network includes over 12,600 kilometres of transmission line and links to the States of Queensland and Victoria, facilitating interstate energy trading.
TransGrid‘s Intranet was scheduled for redevelopment and Microsoft SharePoint 2010 was identified as a solution which provided both a multi user administration and interface for their employees.
TransGrid required a useable and easily maintainable system for internal communications and document management.
Antares Solutions customised and implemented Microsoft SharePoint 2010 according to TransGrid’s design specifications – creating ‘an intranet portal’.
The new ‘intranet portal’ provided TransGrid with a range of features, including:
- A centralised communication platform
- A centralised document management system and knowledge base
- A SharePoint search function
- Seamless systems integration with existing business systems
- Creation of dedicated business sites for project and team use
The solution enables TransGrid’s employees to connect and collaborate with one another.
The benefits of the new ‘intranet portal’ include:
- A user-friendly, timely intuitive workspace
- Centralised resource for all corporate knowledge that could be searched and accessed easily
- Increased transparency of information to encourage employee participation
- Distribution and personalisation of news and announcements
- People searches and content contact details
In response to new business demands and challenges, Antares helped TransGrid implement a robust intranet to capture and store knowledge assets, and provide simple yet powerful searches so staff can easily discover and retrieve them.
- Microsoft SharePoint